The best buy signals occur on Hash Rate "recovery", and when price momentum is also positive.
Historically, this strategy has yielded average returns to cycle peak of >5000%, with max Drawdown of -15%.
Follow me to learn more about this indicator.
No technical changes.
- All prior calculation logic remains unchanged.
This Update includes:
Fix of re-painting issue on live data. This stop false alerts before the daily bar has closed. On live data, yesterday’s Hash Rates will be used regardless of the Bitcoin ticker symbol you are looking at.
- Addition of multi-time-frame management. This now gives you the ability to use this indicator on any time-frame (Minutely, Hourly, Daily) and always know you are looking at the Hash rate values from yesterday's close.
To use, change the indicator setting "Plot Type" to "Oscillator".
For more information, see my TradingView "Idea": "Miner Confusion? An Unusual State in Hash Rate Growth"
- Added chart "alerts" for easier notification
- Added chart shape "titles"
- Minor chart formatting tweaks
- No calculation changes
- Added notes in code explaining how to use the "Spring" (copied below)
- Added option to display raw Hash Rate
- Fixed minor bug where 1 blue circle in 2012 didn't appear on the chart
The "Spring" is the confirmed Miner Capitulation period:
- The 1st "gray" circle is the start of Capitulation (1 month Hash Rate crosses UNDER 2 month Hash Rate)
- Last "green" circle is the end of Capitulation (1 month Hash Rate crosses OVER 2 month Hash Rate)
- The "greener" the spring gets (up until blue) represents Hash Rate recovery (it is increasing)
- The "blue" circle is the first instance of positive momentum following recovery of Hash Rate (1m HR > 2m HR). This is historically a rewarding place to buy with limited downside.
At present TradingView does not have any altcoin on-chain data.