This trading strategy, called "Relative Volume Gainers," is designed for Long Entry opportunities in the stock market. The strategy aims to identify potential trading candidates based on specific technical conditions, including volume, price movements, and indicator alignments.
- The strategy is focused solely on Long Entry positions.
- The volume for the current trading day must be greater than or equal to the volume of the previous day.
- The percentage change in price must be greater than or equal to 2.5%.
- The Last Traded Price (LTP) must be greater than or equal to the Exponential Moving Average (EMA) 200.
- The Relative Volume for the current trading day (calculated over the last 30 days) must be greater than or equal to the Simple Moving Average (SMA) of Relative Volume over the same 30 days.
- The current candle on the chart should be Green or Bullish, indicating positive price movement.
- The price difference between bid and ask prices should be kept to a minimum.
- It's recommended to also analyze market depth for better insights.
- Add the Exponential Moving Average (EMA) 200 to your trading chart.
- This strategy can be applied on charts of any timeframe.
- For intraday trading, particularly for early entry, consider using a 1-minute timeframe.
- It is advisable to create a screener to identify potential trades in real-time market conditions.
- Stocks that meet the strategy criteria might exhibit high volatility and a high beta, making them inherently risky to trade. Exercise caution and adhere to predetermined risk management strategies.
- Determine your trading quantity based on your entry price and stop loss in order to manage risk effectively.
Quantity Calculation Formula:
Quantity calculation is crucial to manage risk and position sizing. The following formulas can be used based on your trading scenario:
Quantity with Leverage:
Quantity = (((Using Capital / 100) * Risk Percent) / (Entry Price - Stop Loss)) * Leverage
Eg: Quantity = (((10000 / 100) * 0.2) / (405.5 - 398.5)) * 5
Quantity = 14
Risk = Rs.100 (Rs.100 is 1% of Rs.10000. So the risk is 1%, means we lose only Rs.100 when the SL is hit. If SL is increased the Quantity will get reduced to maintain a fixed risk of Rs.100)
Quantity without Leverage:
Quantity = (((Using Capital / 100) * Risk Percent) / (Entry Price - Stop Loss))
Always stay informed about market conditions and be prepared for potential rapid price movements when trading stocks that meet the strategy criteria. Strictly adhere to your predefined risk management strategy to safeguard your capital.
- Updated formula
Updated on 28 Nov 2023
Long Entry Conditions:
- Day Volume >= Previous Day Volume.
- % Change >= 1.25%.
- LTP >= EMA 200.
- Relative Volume (90) >= SMA (90) of Relative Volume.
- Current candle is Green or Bullish.
- Add EMA 200 to the chart.
- Works in every timeframe.
- For intraday, use 1, 5, or 15m timeframe.
- % Change: Consider only stocks trading above the given % Change.
- Volume % Change: Consider only stocks trading above the given Volume % Change.
EMA (Exponential Moving Average):
- If the price is within 0.75% above or below the EMA line, the color changes to Yellow; above is Green, and below is Red.
Average Daily Trading Volume (ADTV):
- Default ADTV is calculated for 20 Period & ADTV above 5 Lakhs.
- Helps avoid low volume stocks without liquidity.
- ADTV above 5L, 7L, 10L is good for Daily timeframe.
- ADTV above 25 or 50 thousand is good for a 5-minute timeframe.
- ADTV is calculated by summing up the trading volume over a user-defined period & dividing it by the period.
- Helps to identify the accumulated volume during a defined period.
- "D" is the default value.
- Screens up to 36 symbols, because TradingView allows up to a total of 40 requests per indicator.
- Total characters cannot exceed 4096.
- Use a comma as a delimiter without any space for the symbols (e.g., 'EXCHANGE:SYMBOL_A,EXCHANGE:SYMBOL_B').
- Effective in all timeframes.
- For intraday, use 1min, 5min, or 15min timeframe.
- Some steps are omitted in the screener to prevent errors and lag.
- Screener condition: Relative Volume >= Relative Volume SMA Multiplier & candle Open < Close.
- Indicator condition includes Screener condition plus % Change and Volume % Change filters.
- If the screened result shows no signal in the indicator signals, additional filtrations in the Additional Filters may be the cause.
- Turning off % Change and Volume % Change filtration will display the same results.